Finally, it is decided that Falun will host Nordic World Ski Championships 2027. FIS Council made the decision on its´ meeting in Milan today and the two candidate managers Sara Tigerström Monfelt and Ulrika Back Eriksson received the announcement with joy.
– It feels amazing that Falun will host another World Ski Championships, says Sara Tigerström Monfelt and Ulrika Back Eriksson.
Even though Falun was the only candidate the candidacy had the ambition to bring a World Championships concept that makes FIS Council both confident and convinced: Falun is the best choice for a Nordic World Ski Championships. Although Falun was the only candidate it was a relief when the decision was announced.
– It feels good to finally have a decision and that the city of Falun, all ski fans and Lugnet now know that we have a great ski event to look forward to, says Sara Tigerström Monfelt.
And FIS Council choose the best candidate:
– Yes, Falun and Sweden have a long tradition of hosting big international events, always delivering world class experiences. And now it will be exciting to see how a World Championships in Falun can generate development for the sports, says Ulrika Back Eriksson.
A World Championships means a lot, both for Falun and Dalarna and for Swedish sports.
– It is fantastic that we are given the opportunity to host another World Ski Championships. I am really looking forward to the great atmosphere and to be able to cheer together with thousands of people, says Joakim Storck, mayor of Falun.
– It is of course very fun that we will organize another World Ski Championships in Falun. A World Championships on home ground will inspire more people to go skiing and it also means that the World Championships legacy will be long-term in real, says Karin Mattsson, president Swedish Ski Federation.